Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Wow! It's been busy!

I'm finally done with this week's paper and am ready for the Feast of Gluttony, Thanksgiving. At the office, we had a party for someone who's leaving so everyone feasted and feasted. It's hard to work when you've filled yourself with tryptophan-filled turkey, gobs of stuffing and pecan pie for dessert.

Wouldn't office scheduled naps be wonderful? About 3 p.m., we could lay out our mats, put on our sleep mask and cuddle our favorite pillow until 4. Naps are wasted on the young. Too bad we can't bottle up that sugar-high child energy and give ourselves a slow drip during the day. You know, I get cranky too! Naps rule.

I must be the only one ... is Evolution a theory? I overheard some people aghast at the notion to take off stickers on Georgia science books telling us Evolution is a theory. If it is, it sure is a popular one. Has a little evidence to back it up too. Guess what? Men and women have the same amount of ribs ... go figure. Check out pictures at http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio105/ribs.htm . Here's a lovely little link: http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_stat.htm They also have other links about Creationism and Naturalistic evolution, something I believe in. I learned something today! I am a Naturalistic Evolution believer kind of person! The religious tolerance website looks very good ... lots of footnotes and the sort. Its nice to see a balanced religious site! Kudos to you!

On a gay note: What is this thing about Gays and the Bible? There are approximately 6 references to homosexuality in the bible yet we continue to persecute Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals and transcendence persons. The ones of Leviticus really puzzle me. How is it we still think men who sleep with men shall go to hell yet we weave together two different kinds of cloth, eat pork and shellfish? These are also punishable by death, if memory serves me right.

Leviticus 19:19"You must obey all my laws."Do not breed your cattle with other kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven from two different kinds of fabric.

Just a sampling from the book of Leviticus. We all should be glad we can just confess our sins, you used to have to sacrifice animals to get rid of your sins. And for all you southerners who love fatback, fat belongs to the Lord!

Leviticus 3:16-17 The priest will burn them on the altar as food, an offering made by fire; these will be very pleasing to the LORD. Remember, all the fat belongs to the LORD. "You must never eat any fat or blood. This is a permanent law for you and all your descendants, wherever they may live."

Okay, my point here is we don't do a lot of what is in the Bible. Why? My theory is humankind has progressed and some of the items of the Bible are outdated. Some, not all. Most of the laws mentioned are plain common sense. Pork, if not cooked properly, can kill you with parasites such as trichinosis. Don't eat Pork. Shellfish also are dangerous if not cooked properly. The whole litany about don't sleep with your relatives makes sense too -- don't thin the blood.

I feel if God made me the way I am (gay), why would God continue to persecute me? Nobody made me gay. I didn't have an abusive childhood. I am not promiscuous. I chose to love someone who happens to be the same sex as me. Do you think I'd volunteer to be ostracized and have no rights whatsoever and have to watch everything I do just in case I offend some maniac who will either call me something not nice or worse, kill me? People can love each other no matter what race, sex or orientation or anything else they are. I don't think love can be wrong. There is so much poverty, hatred and anger in this world. Couldn't we tend to those problems instead of impeding the rights of a group of people? You don't have to marry me in your church -- I can go to the justice of the peace. Just let go, people! I swear we won't mess up marriage any more than it is already.

'Nuff said.
Bugz

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home